The New York 48 Hour Film Project
New York Filmmakers Take to the Streets
This weekend 800 filmmakers from New York are making films in the 48 Hour Film Project! All of completed films will screen on the dates below.
There are still a few slots available in the New York 48HFP.
Here are some important notes for 48HFP filmmakers:
- Elements: The required elements for New York will be listed to the right.
- Media: You must submit your film on one of the media listed to the right.
- Documents: You must submit releases for all team members, all music, all locations, and any other copyrighted material, as well as a team leader's agreement, a roster, and a certification statement. These forms can be downloaded from on our production documents page.
- Rules/FAQs: You should make sure that your film complies with our filmmaking rules and competition rules. If you have questions about the rules, the best place to go is our faqs.
- 48HFP Hotline: If you have a question during the filmmaking weekend, call the 48HFP Hotline. The number is on the Kickoff Info Sheet that your team representative was given at the kickoff. If you email us, you will probably not receive an answer in time, so please call.
- Dropoff: The location to drop off your film is listed below.
- Coda: Be safe! Make great films! Good luck!
New York 48HFP Events
|Date ||Sunday, May 31|
|Time ||6:30-9:30pm (by 7:30pm to be on time!)|
|Place ||Josie Woods Pub, 11 Waverly Pl, New York, NY 10003|
|Notes ||At 7:31pm your film is late and there's nothing I can do about it! We'll be downstairs starting at 6:30pm! Be on time! Good luck!|
Best Of Screening
New York 48HFP Links
Photo by Daniel Schwen.
to be announced
For the New York 48HFP, your film must be submitted as a self-contained file/video using the following guidelines:
(preferred) a self-contained Quicktime file
- codecs for HD: Apple Pro-Res, Apple Intermediate Codec, H.264 with a data rate of at least 16Mbps, HDV, DVCProHD, or Motion JPEG-A
- codecs for SD: DV-NTSC, Apple Pro-Res, H.264 with a data rate of at least 16Mbps, or Motion JPEG-A
- submission formats: data DVD or a USB flash drive
21st Century Vision Films, Kevin McNamara
3mm Films, Adi Lang
789 Films, Sheila O'Neill
7LP, Shiseido Ruiz
AndWith Creative, Brittany Santagata
Armada Films, Ryan Gallagher
Baby Elephants, David Leidy
Bear Skull Productions, Reese Barrett
Braganza, Anthony Ventolora
BUTTERFINGERS, Michael Benzinger
Cataclysmic Renegade, Daniel Tripi
Copy Cat Productions, Steven Cordeiro
Creative Vomit , Oswald Barrios
EFAS Productions, Michael Goldstein
Extra School Bus, Matt Relstab
Film Repertory Group, John Noel
FireRock Productions, Julia Urich
Fox Duke Productions, Ede Fox
FRARG, aurore duiguo
Gatecrashers, Meredith Binder
GoodGirl, Jackie Jennings
Goose Paint, William Petersen
Gray Format, Jonathan Karam
Green Couch Media, Ronald J. Tomaino, Jr.
Henro Media, Matt Rosen
Pizza Kid Productions, nate brown
Jim Joe Productions, Michael Roush
johnnyroq, John Roque
Killer Goose Films, Dale DeVino
Lost Cause Productions, Steven Melone
Making Pretend, Mike Chuney
Movie Monkeys, Andrew Lynagh
NOPE, Carl Vasile
Parlor head Films, Joseph Palestina
Pictures, Benedict Moran
Red Soil Productions , Matthew Stannah
Renaissance Never Dies, Denise Ivanoff
Respekt Productions, Noury Chemtob
Second Look, Nichole Astell
Shutter to Think, Nicolas Catania
Skeleton Crew, Lou Blackmon
Roma Productions, Ross Mahler
Springtime for Tigers, Annique Witdoeckt
Streetwater Productions, Kyle Moffatt
Taylor Hammed Films, Josh Baer
Team Bridgeside, Paul Liatsis
The Bad and the Beautiful, David Grotell
The Midnight Spectrum Club, Byron Lembo-Frey
the patch, Dupuy Fatal III
The Playing Company, Holly Payne-strange
The Very Wacky Squad, Alex Martin
There.Is.No.I.In, Francis Fahey
Thursday Shoots, Phillip Russell
TKF Productions, Timothy Knox
Tupac and the Biggies , Nate McGarrahan
Viaduck, Gerard Byrne