Paris, France March 6 - 9, 2018
That's right, we're excited to announce that Filmapalooza 2018 -- our annual international film festival, including Film Screenings (the 2017 48HFP Best Films!), Virtual Reality Presentations, Workshops, Networking, Parties and the 2017 Awards Celebration -- will be held in the City of Light - Paris, France. France is the birthplace of film (Merci, Lumiere Brothers!) and Paris has been the location of choice for hundreds of films. (Amelie, Jason Bourne, The Lady and the Tramp).
Regular Registration Fees
ends Monday February 5
- 48HFP 2017 City Winner: $255 USD
- 48 Hour Filmmaker: $275 USD
- General Admission: $325 USD
Our official hotel, the Citadines Les Halles Paris is just a short walk from many famous Paris landmarks such as the Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Saint-Germain-des-Près district. It is also just steps away from the Châtelet-Les Halles metro station, where you can enjoy direct access to shopping centers, designer boutiques, and many other iconic Paris attractions. And best of all, the hotel is just down the street from our official Filmapalooza screening venue, the Forum Des Images!
The Citadines Les Halles Paris has many other amenities including a fitness corner, business center, and a kitchenette in most rooms. The hotel is offering special rates just for our Filmapalooza guests:
- Classic Studio for 2 people: € 146.00 / night (1 - 6 nights)
- Or Two-Room Apartment for 4 people: € 248.00 / night (1 - 6 nights)
- Local tax: € 2.53 / day / person
- Optional Breakfast: € 16.00 / day / person
Reservation requests should be emailed directly to email@example.com with Festival 48 Hour Film Project in the subject line.
Can the Team Leader transfer his/her Free Festival Badge?
Yes, if the Team Leader cannot attend, he/she may transfer the badge to a teammate. Just provide the special code to the teammate.
Only one Free Festival Badge per team.
Do winning team members get a discount?
Yes, the best pricing is for the winning teams. They receive a bigger discount than the regular 48HFP and a significant discount compared to the regular price.
The other way to save is purchase your pass early.
When will my film screen?
City winning films will screen on Wednesday and Thursday, March 7 & 8, at the Forum des Images.
An exact schedule will be announced no later than January 21.
What is included with the Festival Badge?
It is a packed, fun-filled four days! With the Festival Badge, you get access to all Filmapalooza events, including:
- Opening Night at Cinema Louxor
- Screenings at Forum des Images: The 2017 48HFP Best Films from 120 cities!
- Social and networking events: meet filmmakers from around the world!
- Filmmaking Workshops
- Virtual Reality Presentations
- The Best of 2017 48HFP Screening
- And, the piece de resistance, the Gala 2017 48HFP Awards Celebration at the Hotel de Ville de Paris!
Can you buy tickets to individual events/screenings?
Possibly. First priority is given to Badge holders.
We hope to announce by February if there are enough tickets available to sell on an individual event basis.
Can you buy a ticket to the Best of 48HFP Screening/Awards Gala?
Again, possibly. It depends on availability.
The only way to ensure admittance to all events is by purchasing a festival pass.
Is there an official Filmapalooza Hotel?
We are working on finalizing the details of this.
We expect to announce the headquarters hotel by December 1.
What part of Paris do the events take place?
The Forum des Images is located in the Forum des Halles at 2 rue du Cinema, 75001 Paris.
- Forum des Halles is a mall with many stores and it sits on top of Chatelet Metro Station.
- It is a direct RER train from Charles de Gualle Airport to Chatelet.
When will there be more information about the schedule and workshops?
We are working on finalizing the schedule
We expect to have more information by mid-January.
Late Registration Fees
ends Tuesday March 6
- 48HFP 2017 City Winner: $280 USD
- 48 Hour Filmmaker: $299 USD
- General Admission: $350 USD
Filmapalooza 2018Who: 48HFP Filmmakers World-Wide
What: Best 48 Hour Films of 2017
Where: Paris, France
When: Tue Mar 6 - Fri Mar 9
Why: Networking, Parties & Fun
What is Filmapalooza?Screenings (150 films)
VR Presentations (new this year)
Awards--including Best Film of 2017
Mark your calendars now, to join us at Filmapalooza March 6 - 9, 2018. The France 48HFP Producer, Olivier Dussausse, and his team are putting together a schedule that will not only celebrate all of the Best 48 Hour Films from around the world, but will give you a visit to Paris that you will never forget.
The Team Leader of each Best Film of the City Winner will receive a free Filmapalooza pass. Official registration for Filmapalooza will open in a few months. In the meantime, check out some of the pics from Filmapalooza 2017.
Further details will be added in the coming weeks.
Tuesday, March 6
- Registration officially opens
- Welcome Reception
- Special 48HFP Screening: Cinema Louxor
Wednesday/Thursday, March 7 - 8
- Official Theater: Forum des Images
48HFP 2017 Official Screenings!!
featuring the best 48 hour films from all around the world
- Parties/Receptions at night
Friday, March 9
- Filmmaking workshops
- Best of the 2017 48HFP Screening
- Awards Ceremony & Party: Hotel de Ville