The Madison 48 Hour Film Project
Madison Filmmakers Take to the Streets
This weekend 400 filmmakers from Madison are making films in the 48 Hour Film Project! All of completed films will screen on the dates below.
There are still a few slots available in the Madison 48HFP.
Here are some important notes for 48HFP filmmakers:
- Elements: The required elements for Madison will be listed to the right.
- Media: You must submit your film on one of the media listed to the right.
- Documents: You must submit releases for all team members, all music, all locations, and any other copyrighted material, as well as a team leader's agreement, a roster, and a certification statement. These forms can be downloaded from on our production documents page.
- Rules/FAQ: You should make sure that your film complies with our rules. If you have questions about the rules, the best place to go is our faq.
- 48HFP Hotline: If you have a question during the filmmaking weekend, call the 48HFP Hotline. The number is on the Kickoff Info Sheet that your team representative was given at the kickoff. If you email us, you will probably not receive an answer in time, so please call.
- Dropoff: The location to drop off your film is listed below.
- Coda: Be safe! Make great films! Good luck!
Madison 48HFP Events
|Date ||Sunday, April 27|
|Time ||6:30pm-8:30pm (by 7:30pm to be on time!)|
|Place ||Jade Monkey Cocktail Lounge, 109 Cottage Grove Rd, Madison, WI 53716|
|Notes ||Press eject and put the mouse down. Time is up and you are about to hit every red light from your house to the Jade Monkey... so leave NOW.
Best Of Screening
|Date ||Friday, May 9|
|Place ||High Noon Saloon, 701 E Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53703|
|Tickets ||$5 (cash only)|
|Notes ||Two days. A mere 48 hours. What can you make in a weekend? For participants in the eighth annual 48 Hour Film Project-Madison, the task was to create a short film from scratch during the weekend of April 25th-27th. And now the results are in! Come see the Best of the Best 48 Hour Film Project-Madison 2014 films! And find out who will be awarded, "Madison's Best!"|
Madison 48HFP Links
Photo by Dori Diskuto.
to be announced
For the Madison 48HFP, your film must be submitted on one of the following media:
a self-contained Quicktime file
- codecs for HD: Apple ProRes, Apple Intermediate Codec, DVCProHD, HDV, Motion JPEG-A, or H.264 (with a recommended data rate of at least 16Mbps)
- codecs for SD: Apple ProRes, DV-NTSC, Motion JPEG-A, H.264 (with a recommended data rate of at least 16Mbps) or any non-proprietary codec
- filetype: Quicktime mov (not mp4)
- submission formats: a data DVD or a USB flash drive
Screening on Thursday, May 1 @ 7:00pm
Filament Games, Dan White
Firmament Films, Chris Moehr
Fueled by Red, Ellen Weaver
Infinite Panther, Brian Kaufman
Luke and Nick Productions, Nicholas Ritz
Maxout Productions, John Jesudason
Moonspinners, Paige Brien
Phantom Moth Productions, Nicolas Alexander
Project Famous Films, Kelly Lajter
Public Image Media, Gregory Kuper
RGBeasts, Emmalee Pearson
Soon to be Named 48hr. film team, Jeff Blankenship
Studio 88, Sam Sorenson
ZenLyke Productions, Jim Lyke
Screening on Thursday, May 1 @ 9:00pm
Bad Example Productions, David Kaye
Cap City Productions, Garrick Hollenbeck
Clear Light Media, Matthew Blackwood
Cross Word Films, Warren Matson
Director's Cut, Samantha Quill
Epic Film Crew, Alex Nelson
Hollywood Badgers , Jason Schwartz
Key Media Entertainment, Michael Keeney
Madison Media Independent, Alex Kudrna
Nice Melons Films, William Loper
Oven Mitt Productions, Chris Lang
Rip Productions, Josh Mallet
Smoking Monkey, Anthony Wood
Team RAD, Jordan Biagomala
WeHaveNo Studios, AJ Dellinger