The Denver 48 Hour Film Project
Denver Filmmakers Take to the Streets
This weekend 800 filmmakers from Denver are making films in the 48 Hour Film Project! All of completed films will screen on the dates below.
There are still a few slots available in the Denver 48HFP.
Here are some important notes for 48HFP filmmakers:
- Elements: The required elements for Denver will be listed to the right.
- Media: You must submit your film on one of the media listed to the right.
- Documents: You must submit releases for all team members, all music, all locations, and any other copyrighted material, as well as a team leader's agreement, a roster, and a certification statement. These forms can be downloaded from on our production documents page.
- Rules/FAQ: You should make sure that your film complies with our rules. If you have questions about the rules, the best place to go is our faq.
- 48HFP Hotline: If you have a question during the filmmaking weekend, call the 48HFP Hotline. The number is on the Kickoff Info Sheet that your team representative was given at the kickoff. If you email us, you will probably not receive an answer in time, so please call.
- Dropoff: The location to drop off your film is listed below.
- Coda: Be safe! Make great films! Good luck!
|Friday, August 1|
|6:00pm - 7:00pm|
|Open Media Foundation, 700 Kalamath St, Denver, CO 80204|
Kick-Off will take place on the second floor and it can get a little crowded. PLEASE, no more than 2 individuals per team!
Our Kick-Off coincides with First Friday on Santa Fe, so plan accordingly time wise. Recommended parking is on 7th between Kalamath and Mariposa & on Lipan between 7th and 8th.
|Sunday, August 3|
|6:00pm-10:00pm (by 7:30pm to be on time!)|
|The Skylark Lounge, 140 S Broadway, Denver, CO 80209|
|Drop-off will be upstairs in the Pair-O-Dice Pool Room. Parking is available on the street, in the Skylark parking lot and in front of the garage doors across Maple. PLEASE be careful burning it up to the door; I don't want anyone to get in an accident!
Once in the door, head to the back and up the stairs! Be aware that we may be using the side door this year. If this is the case you will be re-directed.
|Sunday, August 10th|
|Group A 11:00am-1:30pm// Group B 2:00pm-4:30pm// Group C 5:00pm-7:30pm// Group D 8:00pm-10:15pm|
|The Oriental Theater, 4335 W 44th Ave, Denver, CO 80212|
|Single Screening: $8 in advance, $11 at the door / 4-Screening Pass: $24 in advance, $30 at the door (purchase them here)|
We LOVED being at the Oriental last year, so we are doing it AGAIN! Get crazy with it, advocate for your film, bring all your teammates/friends and most of all revel in your accomplishment along side that of the other Denver 48 Hour Film Project participants!
Tickets will be on sale August 4th. Advance purchase is highly recommended.
Party Down with us after the last screening over at Local 46. Keep your ticket stub for Happy Hour specials and food!
Denver 48HFP Links
- Sign up for the Denver mailing list
- Find the Denver 48HFP on Facebook
- Follow the Denver 48HFP on twitter
- Join a Denver team
- Email Kristin Nolan, Denver Producer of the 48HFP
- Look up films from Denver using our
- Put a 48HFP badge on your homepage or blog
- Other 48 Hour Film Projects in Denver:
2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009
2008 • 2007 • 2006 • 2005